2019 - New Year, New Goals

It has been far too long since I've actually posted, there has been some changes in my life, new career path, winter has been filled with Curling and Hockey and Spinning, not so much biking outside.   Am I concerned going into 2019, not at all, I have pushed harder this off season to make sure I hit the ground running again, or I guess biking.

What goals do I have for 2019, well mainly to be out on the bike in the forest or on the road.  I have some personal goals, to get faster, more endurance and have more fun.  All of which are more than achievable.

Looking at the bike schedule, I'm going out and trying a couple road races / rides this year, based out of Creemore, nothing crazy, 60 and 100km tours.  More to get out and see whether I like it or just stick to the forest / morning road rides.  Sometimes it is just nice to get out on the bike and ride, no reason or training, but just to be out and enjoying everything.

I will be trying this year to ride with Liesje more, either in the trailer or on the Weebike seat that I got last year for her.   Either way, if we can get out for an hour or so that time would be perfect.  Hopefully in the next year we can get her on a scooter bike or something.




Other than the typical 8hr bike races over the summer, I've already committed to the 24hr Summer Solstice at Albion Hills.  Not solo, but Tag Team.. Could be a great idea, or could be painful, but either way it should be 12hrs on the bike with Mr. Lee.  Goal for the race is to just keep going.  Not pushing for podium or anything like that, but just push ourselves and to last the whole race.  Should be a fun day out for sure.


On top of that, the Hardcore 24hr in New York.  It's been on my radar for a couple years now, and why not this year head down and have some fun.  At a little under 3hr drive away, make a nice weekend camping on the outskirts of the finger lakes.  This one I'll be tackling solo, unless I can coax someone into doing it as a tag team...  Any takers??

https://www.bikereg.com/Edit/the-hardcore-24

As always, there has to be some sort of Bikepacking adventure, and this year is no exception.  This year a few of us will be riding the COLT (Central Ontario Loop Trail).  A nice 400+ km ride around well central Ontario.  This one will be mainly rail trail and gravel/paved roads, so a nice tour of the country side.

http://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/solo-bikepacking-central-ontario-loop-trail-colt/

Each and every event for the upcoming year will be documented both in writing and photos so I'll try and revive the blog more and keep it up to date with relevant beer reviews and all that fun jazz.

Have to give a big shout out to Apogee Sports.  Will be repping their awesome jerseys and chamois this year.  A Quebec based company, with everything done in Canada.  I've ridden their jersey's for years, and worn them from both Team Van Go, as well as XC Marathon Jerseys.  Check them out at https://apogee-sports.com/



All in all, this year is shaping up to be another awesome year, with many fun rides, and meeting many new people as always.  I always say I'm going to try different places, but this year will happen.  My plan is to explore, ride different places, and just tour, while getting a good workout in.

One hint ride will be the Dufferin County Loop Trail... You will have to wait and see on that one.... Dun Dun Dun...

Anyways, Cheers for reading!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Review: PC Red Brew (De-alcoholized)

Beer Review: Redline Brewery - Wide Open Modern Pils

Product Review: Weeride Deluxe Kangaroo Bike Carrier