Beer Review: Black Oak Brewing Company - Nut Brown Ale


It's been a little while since I've done a beer review, and after having a glass of Black Oak Brewing Company's Nut Brown Ale, I decided that it was a great opportunity to share my thoughts, feelings and insight.... Well mainly thoughts, but hey its a start.  






Like any beer review it is all based on personal preferences, so like any local craft brewery, go out and try them.  You may find ones you really like, but also it supports local businesses.  Now that my public service announcement is finished, I guess I should probably write about the beer itself.... Can't really call it a beer review unless you talk about beer.  As you can tell I'm just really dragging this all on, like a bad joke that goes on and on and on...  


Luckily for me, and I guess whoever is reading this, is that I ended up snapping a photo of the beer, as well as a glass with the deliciousness in it.  As you can tell, the appearance is a reddish brown body, with the remains of a creamy white head which lasted several minutes after pouring.  Well that being said the beer itself only lasted several minutes after pouring, but that's another story....


One of my normal traits is that I always smell what I eat or drink before I try it.  Not sure why I do this, but its just something I do... So writing about the smell kinda makes sense...  Like a Nut Brown ale, there was a nutty and caramel aroma that I got.  I'm going to stay on the high road and avoid any of the nutty jokes...  But I know right now you are most likely thinking of nutty jokes...


As for the main part of a beer review, the taste, arguably the most important part.  Now if you have had other Brown Ales before, such as Hockley Dark, or Neustadt 10W30, this beer falls in the same lines, in my opinion.  The initial flavor profile I got off of the Black Oak Brewing Companies Nut Brown Ale, was a caramel and dark chocolate mix, with a side of roasted nuts.  After the initial flavor hit, it seemed to move more towards a chocolate and coffee mix, which is a nice finish to the overall profile.  I personally found the beer had a nice light to medium body, not over carbonated, just nice and smooth, smooth like silk. 


Overall, Black Oak Brewings Nut Brown ale was a treat from start to finish.  For someone who is a brown ale drinking this one should be on your to drink list... That's if you have a to drink list. But I'm pretty sure everyone has a to drink list.  For me personally, this is a beer that I could drink again and again, and I will be for sure. 


Overall:  4.22 out of 5




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Review: PC Red Brew (De-alcoholized)

Beer Review: Redline Brewery - Wide Open Modern Pils

Product Review: Weeride Deluxe Kangaroo Bike Carrier